GALLERY AROUND TOWN
Gallery Around Town is a program that helps to support, promote, and maintain a local Arts Gallery in the shops, restaurants, galleries, and public places throughout Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding communities.
Some ways that we do this are:
- By facilitating a connection between local Artists who wish to display their work and local businesses that wish to showcase Artist’s work within their space.
- By promoting local shops, restaurants, galleries, and public places in Fuquay-Varina that showcase Art.
- By providing a list and description of the local galleries and businesses where local artwork can be viewed on our website.
- Participation in Gallery Around Town is one of the benefits available to members of the Fuquay-Varina Arts Council. If you are interested in hanging your work in our "Gallery Around Town," we ask that you please consider becoming a member.
- Contact Lyndsey at email@example.com with information regarding the artwork you desire to display (media, size, description and images), along with a brief description about yourself and your work.
- When you are chosen to hang your work in a business, you will be contacted to make sure that you are available for the opportunity offered to you.
- If you accept this opportunity, you will be given information and details about the location you will be hanging your work at
- A Gallery Around Town committee member will contact you and the business to coordinate a time to hang your work, and a time to remove your work from display. Your artwork will be on display for approximately 3 months.
- Your work will need to be wall ready (ready to hang and display). Businesses will already have hooks or hanging units in place and the Gallery Around Town committee member(s) will assist you with hanging and removing your artwork.
- If you are interested in being part of our "Gallery Around Town" and hanging local artwork in your place of business, we ask that you consider becoming a business member or a Business Sponsor of the Fuquay-Varina Arts Council, although it is not a requirement.
- Once you let us know that you would like to participate, we will find an artist to enhance your walls with local artwork.
- The Gallery Around Town committee team will contact you regarding displaying the artwork. We will discuss the most appropriate hanging system and will arrange a convenient time to display the artwork and to take it down.
- Please contact Lyndsey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you are interested in having your place of business included in the Gallery Around Town.